Legacy of the Squid
The Five Eyes consists of Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the United Kingdom and the United States. Their known projects are:
- PRISM – Operated by the NSA together with the GCHQ and the ASD
- Data Acquisition in the USA
- XKeyscore – Operated by the NSA with contributions from the ASD and the GCSB
- Access to all internet public and private data.
- Tempora – Operated by the GCHQ with contributions from the NSA
- Record and access all data transiting on the internet backbones.
- MUSCULAR – Operated by the GCHQ and the NSA
- Worldwide electronic data acquisition.
- STATEROOM – Operated by the ASD, CIA, CSEC, GCHQ, and NSA
- Ambassy located telecommunication analysis and recording.
Nine Eyes consist of the Five Eyes plus Denmark, France, the Netherlands and Norway.
Includes all the countries of Fourteen Eyes with the addition of the allied coalition in Afghanistan; Tier B countries with which the Five Eyes have “focused cooperation” on computer network exploitation, including Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Germany, Greece, Hungry, Iceland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Netherland, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey;
See Intelligence Agency on Wikipedia for more agencies